• Forums  > 
  • ViewAuckland Restaurant Review Feedback

Auckland Restaurants Forum

Topic

ViewAuckland Restaurant Review Feedback

Posts. 3
Joined. 1/02/2010
27/01/2011 @ 11:03 a.m.
Have to say I agree with Jono's review of SPQR - yes, it's tossy (probably one of the snobbiest places in Auckland) but that's what sets it aside and I guess is one of the reasons it has been operating succesfully on the Ponsonby strip for so many years now. I've been to SPQR twice since moving to Auckland and yes, the food nor service isn't exactly top draw but it's the combination with the ambiance/attitude that I like - good to see a restaurant stick to their guns, know their demographic and be unashamed by it!
!
User | Reply
Posts. 1
Joined. 28/01/2011
28/01/2011 @ 6:10 p.m.
Sorry - I think the SPQR star has faded...when I first moved to Auckland SPQR was THE place...there's plenty of great restaurants now that have superceded SPQR in my opinion...
!
Posts. 11
Joined. 16/05/2009
17/02/2011 @ 4:28 p.m.
I disagree that it's star has faded - still the same outrageously camp service but in a bustling lively atmosphere. Yes other Auckland restaurants have surpassed it (Clooneys for one!) but it is still a great place to go for lunch or dinner!
!
Now showing 1-2 of 2 results

Connect

Babybites.co.nz

Visit our sister site Babybites.co.nz for the latest products, fashion, interiors and craft ideas for kids.

Hitwise Award Winner